Magna Chalets Terms and Conditions (March 2007)
Please read the following carefully as the letting of the Chalets forms a legal agreement between Magna Chalets and the hirer (the client) and shall be subject to the Terms and Conditions outlined below:
1. Booking: A non-returnable deposit to the value of 25% of the cost of the holiday will be required by return upon booking the Chalet. The Chalet will not be confirmed as booked until the deposit is received. The balance will be due for payment 8 weeks before the start date of the holiday. The deposit can be taken using Farmer Giles credit card machine on a cardholder not present basis.
2. The full amount of the holiday cost will be payable by return where the start date of the holiday is less than 8 weeks from the booking date. Late breaks - cash on arrival.
3. Cancellation: In the event of cancellation we require to be notified immediately in writing or by email. The effective date of the cancellation shall be the date upon which such notice is received by Magna Chalets. The following cancellation charges will be applicable: Cancellation of a booking will result in total loss of the deposit as outlined in point 1 above. Cancellation notified to Magna Chalets 4 months before the start date of the holiday will only result in the loss of the deposit as detailed above. Cancellation notified to Magna Chalets 3 months before the start date of the holiday the client shall pay Magna Chalets 30% of the balance figure outlined on the booking Invoice. Cancellation notified to Magna Chalets 2 months before the start date of the holiday the client shall pay Magna Chalets 50% of the balance figure outlined on the booking Invoice. Any cancellation notified to Magna Chalets less than 2 months before the start date the client shall pay Magna Chalets the full amount of the balance figure outlined on the booking invoice. We strongly recommend the client to take out adequate Holiday Insurance to cover the cost of cancellation.
4 A £100.00 damage deposit is required to be included with the payment due before occupation. There will be an inventory for agreement on arrival and departure. The damage deposit will be returned in full on satisfactory sign off of the inventory at departure. There is an additional pet damage deposit required for anyone bringing a dog. A credit card imprint will be taken upon arrival for this and the client will be required to sign a document agreeing to pay for any damage incurred in full.
5. The letting period shall commence at 16.00 hrs on the first day of the letting period and shall terminate at 10.00 hrs on the last day of the letting period.
6. The client shall leave the property in a clean state. In the event that the property is left in an unreasonable condition we reserve the right to charge the client for additional cleaning cost incurred.
7. In the event, for whatever reason, the Chalet becomes unavailable for letting after the booking has been accepted, Magna Chalets shall use its best endeavors to find suitable alternative accommodation for the client. In the event that Magna Chalets is unable to find suitable alternative accommodation Magna Chalets shall refund to the client in full all sums which Magna Chalets has received from the client. Magna Chalets shall have no further liability whatsoever to the client.
8. In the event of any dissatisfaction or complaint, the client should contact Magna Chalets during the course of the letting period. Should the complaint not be resolved, the client should, within a period of fourteen days, address the complaint in writing to the Company. No liability whatsoever shall be attached to Magna Chalets in the absence of such written notification.
9. The client shall take full and sole responsibility for the safety and conduct of all members of the client's party and their possessions. The client and the client's party shall use all the facilities at their own risk. Magna Chalets is not liable for any damage, loss or theft from the client's person, possessions or vehicle however arising so far as the same is capable of being excluded by law.
10. In the event of any breach of the above Terms & Conditions, Magna Chalets may in its absolute discretion terminate the agreement forthwith. The client shall be liable to compensate Magna Chalets for any loss or damage whatsoever or however incurred.
11. Damage to the property: The client will be liable for any damage caused to the lodge during the period of hire. Magna Chalets has the right to enter the lodge at any time to carryout repairs if repairs are needed.
12. The property is designed & equipped for family type holidays. Magna Chalets does not accept all male/female parties under the age of 25 unless at the owners discretion. In which case Magna Chalets will require a deposit payable on arrival and returned to the party leader on satisfactory inspection of the accommodation on the day of departure.
13. The property has 2 bedrooms and sleeps up to a maximum of 4 adults. Additional children may be accommodated by separate arrangement with Magna Chalets. Please contact and agree this before arrival. Additional adults may sometimes be accepted at an additional rate of £25/per person/per night, however, this must be agreed with Magna Chalets BEFORE occupancy.
14. Dogs are not normally accepted except by prior agreement and then must be under control at all times on site. Other pets are not accepted on site unless subject to prior agreement. No dog, or any other pet, shall be left in the chalet unattended at any time. A pet damage deposit is required and a signed undertaking from the client to repay any damage done by the pet in full.14. Lost property: Unless the owner contacts Magna Chalets within 2 weeks of departure any lost property will be donated to a charity shop. 15. Magna Chalets has the right to terminate a client's holiday without compensation should the client's actions or behavior cause concern to Magna Chalets or other guests staying at the chalets.
Cots and highchairs are available at £15 each per week. Please let us know at the time of booking if you would like these.